Capuchin is an open-source program that runs in the background, downloads and installs plugins.
Version: 0.1.1Capuchin is an open-source program that runs in the background, downloads and installs plugins. It can be used by any application through its D-Bus interface. Capuchin project is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2.
Operating System: Linux
The idea for Capuchin emerged from the Deskbar-Applet project. The goal for Capuchin is to provide an easy way to upgrade plugins of any application. Therefore, it is very easy for developers to enhance their application with a plugin update service.
The first prototype was written in Python. The current version is written in C# using Mono and runs in the background as a D-Bus service. An application that wants to use Capuchin connects to its D-Bus Interface and calls the appropriate method and Capuchin simply does its job.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug that downloaded file will be deleted even if it's no archive
· Strip bad characters from object path
· Added support for Content-Disposition
· Made AppObject.Update a blocking call.
· Removed UpdateFinished signal, because it's not needed anymore.