Ciberia is a free blog aggregator, or content federator, that allows anyone to create a "Ciberpunk.com style" site.
Version: 1.0Ciberia is a free blog aggregator, or content federator, that allows anyone to create a "Ciberpunk.com style" site in just five minutes.
Operating System: Linux
You only need to have PHP installed on your server, and can change the appearance with CSS.
Instructions for installing Ciberia:
1. In 'data/uris_ciberguests.php' and 'data/uris_members.php' files, write the proper URIs from the blog's feeds
from member and guest blogs (left and right columns respectively), the path in the server from the install directory
and the e-mail adress where readers can write you.
2. In /graphics directory, save the pictures of members and guests as 'member_1.png', 'member_2.png' ... and 'guest_1.png'
etc. just in the same order you saved the URIs in step 1. We recommend 50x60 pixels.
3. Upload it all to your server and check that directories have write permission only for the program, not for the readers.
Be careful also with 'update.php': readers should have read permission only for that file.
4. Run 'install.php' from your browser by typping http://www.yourdomain.any/install.php in the direction bar.
5. Don't forget to delete 'install.php' after installation is finished!
6. Personalize 'style.css' to modify the final view of the website. If you want to add banners or sections, you will must modify 'update.php'
How Ciberia works:
The program updates it's cache every 10 minutes, don't panic if your post does not appear inmediately on front.