Clean the Finder Preferences - Reset Finder preferences
Version: 1.3This utility can help if your Finder is behaving strangely.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Also, it can help if your Desktop files lose their placement after a restart or icons appear generic.
After running "Clean the Finder Preferences" it is recommended that you Restart your Mac.
This application deletes the following files:
- the "com.apple.finder.plist" file
- it's optional if you want to delete the "com.apple.sidebarlists.plist" file (folder Sidebar)
- the Desktop ".DS_Store" and your Home folder ".DS_Store" invisible files
- from the View menu select "Show View Options" (Command J) to reset your folder views
- from the Finder menu select "Preferences" (Command ,)