Software program that prevents tampering with (changing) the computer clock
Version: 10.0.0Clock Guard is a Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / ME / XP / NT / Vista software program that prevents tampering with the computer clock. It can be used for various purposes. A few examples are:
License: Free To Try $20.00
Operating System: Windows
- Preventing files from being given falsified time/date stamps by manually resetting the system clock and then saving the file.
- Prevent employees who are using a computer-based time clock from altering the time to allow themselves to "punch in" at a falsified time.
- Prevent users who have time limited programs (programs that can only be used at certain times) from accessing these programs at improper times.
- Prevent people who are paying for computer use on a time basis from resetting the clock to reduce the amount of time they pay for.
- Prevent people who are restricted to a certain amount of computer time per day (usually children) from resetting the computer clock to give themselves more time.
Version 10.0.0: Increased flexibility, new protection, bug fixes
Version 9.0.0: New feature, Vista and Win 7 compatibility
Version 8.3.0: new protection options
Version 5.2.0: improved security
Version 1.4.0: minor bug fixes