Cmmi helps you to simplify your installation process from '.tar.gz' source archives.
Version: 0.5.2Cmmi project helps you to simplify your installation process from '.tar.gz' source archives. You can be a package manager of your local site, if you are not an expert of your OS.Cmmi can make Debian, RedHat, Slackware and cygwin packages efficiently.
Operating System: Linux
Cmmi manages your installation process by following features
· This program can registory a tarball (an tar.gz archive file) to the ‾/cmmi directory and manage it
· You can customize your particular installation instruction at the .cmmi file.
Please use this software if you face to following situations.
· If you want to manage installation process on the OS such as cygwin, SunOS, etc... which does not have Package system
· If you want to install the latest free software every day ( Many free software is released with .tar.gz archive only...
· If you have had a problem that you forget your paticular 'configure' options for installation.
· If you can read and write Perl script and sh script. ( I expect you to send me patches of Cmmi ^_^)
How to install
1. Do 'make install' (cmmi command will be installed to /usr/local/bin directory)
2. Please make '~/cmmi' Direcotry
% mkdir ~/cmmi
3. You will see a following message.
usage : cmmi [switch] [install|clean|make|ARCFILE]
cmmi ARCFILE .... checkin ARCFILE to ~/cmmi/xxxxx/
cmmi .... configure and make
cmmi install .... install
cmmi clean .... cleaning work
-v verbose mode
-d debug mode
-n force unset '$PACKAGE_TYPE'
What's New in This Release:
· The default value of $PACKAGE_PREFIX included an illegal keyword '_' for Debian packages; this has been fixed.
· Support has been added for the '.depends' feature for Debian packages.
· This release will check whether the ./configure script exists or doesn't exist.
· Support for .bz2 archives has been added.