Commander is an enhanced version of the original Commander
Version: 1.2Commander is an enhanced version of the original Commander which is now fully free!
Operating System: Mac OS X
The tool executes UNIX shell commands standalone with each new open window working in its own pipe and eventually with windows added to share a same pipe. Additionally it offers some basic yet flexible features, easy to use and set, which make possible to achieve by simply point and click, batch of commands and harnessing their power without resorting to or knowing shell scripting.
Here are some key features of "Commander":
· Multiple windows for running shell commands and keeping their result at hand
· Windows bound to pipes or sharing them can be indifferently mixed and used
· Possibility did chain in sequence multiple command windows for batch execution
· multiple way to control chained sequence
· Possibility to achieve pseudo-interactivity in some cases
· Possibility to detach window from its command in case of blocking conditions
· Aids for finding any pending processes holding a pipe after the detach
· Searchable result
· Possibility to save and reuse most frequent or complex formatted commands and parameters
· Possibility to print results
· Access to a dictionary of common or custom commands
· Possibility to edit and customize the dictionary included in the bundle
· Possibility to filter the dictionary for fast finding and access
· Possibility to drag & drop text from the dictionary to the command fields.
What's New in This Release:
· Commander contains both visual and functional improvements for enhancing the user experience without changing its basic interface and use.
· Newly open windows by default allocate a private pipe for communicating with the underneath command being executed; by selecting the new "New Alias" menu item, a new window will open without allocating a new pipe but sharing the same one from the window parent.
· By reusing a same window or by entering commands in a cluster of windows identified by the same pipe number commands will run and re-use the same context.
· A new field in the command window makes possible under certain conditions to handle some extent of interactivity in commands.
· In case of dead-locks, as commands not responding or any other condition where windows do not get replied, it is possible to detach them from their process.
· If some process after the detach is still holding a pipe this can be detected visually and eventually more details displayed.
· Some internal bugs are cleared.