Compass has been a popular and powerful bookmark manager program since its first release in January, 1997. It supports three most popular browsers - Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Opera. Plus, it can launch any system specified generic browsers.
Version: 2.83Compass has been a popular and powerful bookmark manager program since its first release in January, 1997. It supports three most popular browsers - Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Opera. Plus, it can launch any system specified generic browsers.
License: Free To Try $25.00
Operating System: Windows
Not only is Compass a bookmark manager, but it is also an "outline editor" or a "note editor." You can use Compass to create your personal journal, notes, outlines, memos, ... etc.
You can also use Compass as a web page or report generator. With the power of Template, you can export your bookmarks or notes in the format you want. You can even control different folder levels and generate multiple files that linked back to the main output file.
Compass can easily handle more than several thousands of bookmarks. It works with Netscape 2.x - 4.x, Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x - 5.x and Opera 3.x - 5.x on Windows 95/98/Me/NT4.0/2000.
Brief Features List:
1. Handles Netscape, IExplorer, and Opera file format. Uniform user interface for file open, save, import, export, and merge. All file I/O operations are applicable to all three file formats.
2. Unique Tree, List, and Description three-pane layout with two displaying styles - Explorer style and Compass style.
3. Export with Template lets you export bookmarks or folders to the format you want. You can edit or create your own Templates.
4. Powerful logical AND, OR, NOT search and intelligent find duplicate URLs.
5. Password protect your bookmark files.
6. Super fast multi-threading generic socket connection to check links, retrieve keywords, description and redirected URLs.
7. Powerful multi-selectable Tree pane.
8. Extensive drag & drop - to and from different panes, different instances, Compass and browsers, desktop, and Windows Explorer.
9. Communicates with Netscape, IExplorer, and Opera to launch links, add new links, open new browsers, replace URLs.
10. Tray icon access.
11. Versatile sorting options.
12. Dynamic Bookmarks menu.