Cooledit is a full-featured text editor for the X Window System.
Version: 3.17.17Cooledit is a text editor for the X Window System. It contains a built-in Python interpreter for macro programming, and it includes a rich set of utilities and features.
Operating System: Linux
It has multiple edit windows and a beautiful, intuitive user interface that requires no tutoring to learn to use. It can be used as a programmer's IDE and has syntax highlighting for a large number of programming languages.
It contains an interactive graphical debugger for C/C++ programs.
Cooledit supports multiple edit windows and has all the conveniences of MSW/MAC text editors.
Here are some key features of "Cooledit":
The interface has a beautiful 3D look and feel vaguely like Motif.
It has an extensible file size limit of 64Mb and edits binary files flawlessly. Besides typical functions of a basic editor, cooledit has the following features:
· a builtin Python interpretor for Python
· programmability; spell-check as you type with red wavy lines;
· graphical C/C++ debugger; Key for key undo; shift-arrow
· text highlighting; macro recording; a generic shell execution
· facility that can be used to run make, sort or any user defined
· shell function on text or editor files; easy key redefinition;
· mouse text highlighting; XDND drag and drop; double-click on a gcc
· error message to go immediately to the file and line number;
· desktop and cursor position memory; easy window cycling;
· comprehensive search and replace; input histories; and lots more.
The editor is very easy to use and requires no tutoring.