Intranet Nomad Web Server Live CD.
Version: 0.7.0Cooperation IWS is an Intranet Nomad Web Server Linux-based Live CD that offers:
Operating System: Linux
1. A web server, to provide hosting services of web applications (Blog - words processor, Wiki, Forum, Electronic Documents Management, Pictures galleries - Pictures manipulation, eLearning portal, …) for collaborative work that contributes to knowledge management and/or knowledge engineering.
2. Intranet, to provide these services where you want: at home, at association meetings, at professional meetings without requiring an internet connection or without the volonty to publish personnal items on the web .
3. Nomad, to bring these services with you, on a cd/dvd, usb key, or usb hard drive
Cooperation-iws is a Live CD /USB project to run open sources applications written in php, perl, java, python on USB key with persistent mode.
Project is based on open source remastering live scripts of Ubuntu Hardy Live Desktop (LTS) with modules for the best open source applications.
Demo CD / DVD and live-scripts are available for download.
1. The working groups (schools, associations, professionals) wishing to receive a tool enabling them to work in groups, to cooperate and avoid unnecessary burden of administration and security tasks.
2. The mobile users (educators, writers) who wish to have a tool for communication and publication conform to web standards.
3. Families that wish to provide their children a tool for publishing and web consulting personal stuff for educational purposes.
To operate Cooperation-iws requires:
1. A removable drive on which to install the Cooperation IWS : usb key (read / write), usb disk (read / write), cdrom (Read only)
2. Any 32-bit machine with a minimum of 512Mb RAM (1Gb recommended) which can boot on the removable media (Most recent pc).
3. An intranet network which consists of a router and protected by a firewall, as well as connections to the various client machines.
Once installed on the removable media, Cooperation-iws may run on different machines. The Cooperation-iws server stopped, the machine returns to its original use. Cooperation does not install anything on the operating machine (If windows is installed, it does not remove windows). The Cooperation-iws can be used as a normal linux machine, but this use is not recommended if you have production web applications running.
A Cooperation-iws server is based on Ubuntu Hardy LTS (Long Term Support) and on opensource web applications written in php, python or perl (wordpress, claroline, gallery2, mediawiki…). More on the content of the latest version of Cooperation-iws in the modules list.