Coursor project is a Web application for academic environments.
Version: 1.0Coursor project is a Web application for academic environments.
Operating System: Linux
Coursor is a Web-based academic course system for assigning students to university courses.
It has an evolutionary algorithm for assigning students to the courses they requested. This algorithm tries to find an optimal distribution of students to existing courses while taking their preferences into account.
The system supports multiple roles for users: Admin, Student, Teacher/Prof, or Tutor.
A user can also have multiple roles.
It supports international localization, currently in English, German, French, Russian, and Arabic
Here are some key features of "Coursor":
· Platform independent (entirely written in JAVA).
· Runs on APACHE Tomcat and uses a Postgresql Database.
· Evolutionary Algorithm to assign students to courses.
· Multiple Roles: Administrator, Teacher/Prof, Tutor and Student. One person can have multiple roles.
What's New in This Release:
· Encoding for Russian fixed
· PropertyEditor (propEdit.sf.net) programmed, will be released as own package. Eases Tranlation a lot.
· I18N target in build.xml starts PropertyEditor
· Serializable classes with ID (Eclipse wanted that)