CustomIcons is an ultimate tool for customizing the icons on your desktop, in Windows Start menu, for your folders and many other locations. Using CustomIcons you can easily replace default Windows icons with the ones to your choice.
Version: 4.3CustomIcons is an ultimate tool for customizing the icons on your desktop, in Windows Start menu, for your folders and many other locations.
Operating System: Windows
Using CustomIcons you can easily replace default Windows icons with the ones to your choice and customize a wide variety of desktop attributes. Are you bored with your standard run-of-the-mill desktop, which looks exactly like thousands of other desktops all over the world?
CustomIcons provides an easy and elegant solution for this problem! Using this small handy tool you can easily replace standard Windows icons with the ones you like and customize desktop attributes.
You can change even those icons that cannot be changed using standard Windows tools.
With CustomIcons you can: 1) Replace the default icons Windows uses to display My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet, Start menu items, drives, shortcut and share overlays, system folders and other objects.
2) Customize user folder icons.
2) Colorize icons and Start menu items.
3) Export any standard Windows icon into an individual ICO, BMP, GIF, PNG or JPEG file.
4) Remove shortcut overlays or replace them with your own images.
5) Change icons size and color resolution without changing your monitor settings (make those icons really big if you want!).
6) Rebuild and repair the icon cache (this feature lets you restore the desktop after a system crash).
7) Create stylish icons from your photos and images.
8) Customize folder and file type icons.
If you like to tweak your system, CustomIcons will definitely be a great addition to your utilities collection.
Version 4.3: Support for Windows Vista icons.
Version 5.12: The program is now compatible with 64-bit Windows OS. Problems with Windows UAC are fixed.
Version 5.01: Small bugs fixed.
Version 5.0: Support for Windows Vista icons.
Version 4.0: CustomIcons is free now!
Version 3.0: Ability to customize file type icons, export system icons into other graphic formats, create stylish icons from photos and images