CUTE User-friendly Text Editor is a Scintilla-based, scriptable text editor.
Version: 0.2.9CUTE is a Qt and Scintilla based text editor which can be easily extended using Python
Operating System: Linux
It 's main purpose is to be an user-friendly source code editor with a common graphical user interface.
The editor supports syntax highlighting for many languages, tags files and projects.
CUTE is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License . CUTE also has a project site on sourceforge.net. There you can download the source via CVS.
Here are some key features of "CUTE User friendly Text Editor":
· runs on unix/linux
· portable to win32 and Mac OS X as CUTE is based on QT
· extensible with python
· supports projects, which can have several configurations(commands, environment vars) and files
· command box for shell and vi-like CUTE commands
· multi document interface (tabbed or childframe view)
· supports ctags (jumps to definition of marked tag and back)
· can shows tag stack
· search and replace with regular expressions (scintilla)
· text folding (scintilla)
· auto completion (scintilla) from document and tags file
· bookmarks, which are stored in sessions and projects
· unlimited undo/redo (scintilla)
· key macros (definition, saving and loading)
· integrates with external commands such as make and view output
· full screen mode
· can save sessions (files, cursor positions, bookmarks and woking dir are stored)
· supports some themes
· integrated file browser
· shell window