Generate ChangeLogs or CVS reports for a project hosted on a CVS server
Version: 2.4CvsChangelogBuilder aims to provide a better output that the 'cvs log' command, to build sorted text only or graphical html reports. Available outputs provides among standard informations, the status of the change (added,changed,removed), allows easy "differential" changelogs, between 2 versions, even when they are not in the main branch, are friendly to read. Text outputs can be grouped by different criterias (by date, by file, by log, by author).
Operating System: Mac OS X
So you can, for example, know which files were modified between two old versions to prepare a light diff package for an old customer, you can see what was done on current development version, sorted by date, to know what happened during your 5 days holidays, you can build a changelog ready to be included in your rpm %changelog section with correct format, see how many commits were done on a particular file with no need to scan the 'cvs rlog' output, etc...
cvschangelogbuilder is also an easy to use command line interface (Perl tool). cvschangelogbuilder offer 5 kinds of output:
· buildhtmlreport To build an HTML report of a CVS project activity.
· listdeltaforrpm To build a changelog to include in a rpm .spec file.
· listdeltabydate To build a changelog by date (looks near 'cvs log').
· listdeltabyfile To build a changelog by file.
· listdeltabylog To build a changelog by change comment.