Daminion is a low-cost, server based photo management system for small teams and creative professionals. Multiple users can view, annotate, and edit your digital assets quickly and without risk of losing information.
Version: 2.5Daminion is a low-cost, server based photo management system for small teams and creative professionals.
License: Free To Try $999.00
Operating System: Windows
Multiple users can view, annotate, and edit your digital assets quickly and without risk of losing information; your digital library will be protected from irreparable damage, which is not the case when using a file-server based solution.
Daminion benefits are:
- Affordable price for small teams
- None of the endless monthly fees demanded by hosted solutions. You pay once.
- No need to hire a system administrator, and no specialist knowledge necessary to install and administer the Server.
- Much more secure than web-solutions all your content remains inside your firewall
- Restricted access to content by User Roles
- Ability to work with huge size media archives (up to 500K-1M files per catalog)
- Version Control (Check in/out). Avoid work being redone because you've lost your original versions!
- Powered by free, reliable and widely adopted PostgreSQL database engine
- Import more than 100 formats including
- Super simple and clean interface
- Focused on cataloguing (no built-in fancy image editors and publishing tools) with excellent bridge to external photo editors like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Quickly classify and filter your content by tags using AND, OR operations
- Supports complex hierarchical tags (keywords, locations, etc.) with no limitation on nesting levels.
- Using hierarchical tags you can describe your content more precisely and as result spend far less time locating your important files
- Automatically sync image annotations (tags) with metadata (IPTC/XMP/MWG)
- Daminion can even write metadata into Camera RAW formats, including CR2, NEF, DNG, ARW, MRW, PEF, without creating xmp sidecar files
- Unlike other content organizational tools, Daminion will correctly write / read hierarchical keywords from / to IPTC / XMP. So your hierarchical structure will not lose data when you export or move your files.
Version 2.5: -Added Batch Renaming. Files can be renamed according to a renaming template -Improved Export. Protect your exported images from unauthorized usage by stamping them with a watermark image that contains your copyright and logotype -Creating Contact Sheets -Exporting to PDF -30 other improvements