Darik's Boot and Nuke is a boot floppy that wipes hard disks.
Version: 1.0.7Darik's Boot and Nuke is short DBAN is a self-contained boot floppy that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers.
Operating System: Linux
DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.
Here are some key features of "Dariks Boot and Nuke":
· Fast. Rapid deployment in emergency situations.
· Easy. Start the computer with DBAN and press the ENTER key.
· Safe. Irrecoverable data destruction. Prevents most forensic data recovery techniques.
What's New in This Release:
· SysLinux 2.13
· Linux 2.4.33
· LZMA 4.32
· uClibc 0.9.20
· Busybox 0.60.5
· Ncurses 5.3
· WinImage 8.0.8000
· dban-1.0.7 was compiled with Debian gcc-3.3 1:3.3.5-13
· This release is compressed with LZMA, which provides much more free space on the floppy disk. LSI MPT and I2O drivers were added.
· Thanks go to Igor Sobrado for reporting the "5220.22-M" typo.
· Thanks go to Dorina Lanza for reporting a block adjustment error.