Dconf is a tool to collect a system's hardware and software configuration.
Version: 0.5.1Dconf is a tool to collect a system's hardware and software configuration. Dconf allows you to take your system configuration with you and compare systems (like nodes in a cluster) to troubleshoot hardware or software problems.
Operating System: Linux
It can also be configured to send out configuration changes at given intervals to a group of people, or store a new snapshot when system changes happen.
Here are some key features of "Dconf":
· Stores both hardware and software configuration in a single file
· Only considers files that are not the default (compares with rpmdb if possible)
· Allows to compare different systems in real-time
· Allows to take configuration of systems with you to customers
· Makes it easier to manage systems as a group
· Can send out mails when changes have happened
· Allows to roll back changes or associate problems with changes
What's New in This Release:
· Improvements to syslog logging.
· The proprietary software configuration sections have been moved together.
· netiq and iproute2 sections have been added.