DELETE 2.10 -- Enhanced file delete. Options include prompt before delete, overwrite and delete, recursive delete of files and directories, override file attributes, more than one file spec, and delete only files not in master directory.
Version: 2.10DELETE.EXE is a Win32 console application that deletes files. Win32 Console application means that it runs in a Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP command prompt.
License: Free To Try $25.00
Operating System: Windows
It is an improvment over the DEL or ERASE internal command that comes with the operating system. Delete's features include:
- allows multiple file specifications on the command line;
- optionally deletes Hidden, System, or Read Only files;
- optionally prompts for permission to delete any file;
- optionally deletes files in directories below the current one;
- optionally removes empty directories below the current one;
- optionally overwrites files before deleting them; and
- optionally deletes only files dated before, after, or between dates.
- optionally deletes only zero length files.
- optionally deletes only files that are not present in a reference directory (useful for mirroring a directory structure when used with Xcopy
DEL16.exe is the old DOS version of this program that runs under pure DOS, and can't see long file names.
Version 2.10: WinNT/2000/XP recursive directory delete support; file dates after 2038 supported