dhex is an ncurses-based hex-editor with a diff mode.
Version: 0.55dhex is an ncurses-based hex-editor with a diff mode. DHEX project makes heavy use of colors, but is also themeable to work on monochrome monitors.
Operating System: Linux
1. Become root
2. Copy DHEX somewhere where everybody can find it
When you run DHEX for the first time, it will try to create a .dhexrc in your home-directory. Open it with any Texteditor you like and you can change the colors of its appearance.
This is useful if you try to run DHEX in a monochrome terminal.
· No backwardsearching whatsoever
· It crashes when you try to write searchfiles in a write-protected directory
· It crashes when you try to read searchfiles that aren't existing
· It crashes when you try to edit bigger files
· It crashes when you try to change more than 524288 positions in the file
· It crashes when the inputfile changes through another program, while dhex is still open.
· Some graphical glitches
· No searching in the Diff-Mode
· No editing in the Diff-Mode
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds the functionality to jump to the next interesting position in diff mode.