direct - Telephony solution (CTI)
Version: 3.2.3Use your phone directly from Mac OS X.
License: Free To Try $780.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Mac OS X does not offer its own telephone dialer to support PBX systems. In order to enable dialing out of an address book, we have developed direct, enhanced with some features for ease of use. direct is a CTI solution for Mac OS X, automating telephone handling. direct uses ilink TeamCall to link Mac and telephone system. Dialing is easier with direct: the caller's identity is displayed on screen. The computer may react to incoming calls by executing preset activities. Telephone numbers can be found quickly with direct. The adaptive search function recognizes the most commonly used contact data. A mouse click is sufficient for direct to set up the connection. Within the network, direct indicates the status information of all other direct users. Whether a colleague is currently engaged or free to take a call is visible at a glance. Calls can also be taken over even without configuration of working groups simply using the Mac OS X Bonjour function.
Here are some key features of "direct":
· Search in the Mac OS X address book
· Search in LDAP servers
· Short dial list can be configured
· Display the caller id including a photo of the calling party if available
· Group functions within local network
· Dialing of selected telephone numbers from within almost all Mac OS X applications
· Integration in applications through AppleScript (e.g. FileMaker Pro)
· Includes ilink TeamCall.
What's New in This Release:
· Supports almost any TAPI-enabled phone system. This is made possible by ilink TeamCall Express, the new telephony server bundled with direct. Successful deployments have already been made with phone systems from Panasonic, Ascotel, Ericsson, and Avaya (IP Office).
· The pop up window has received a major overhaul and incoming calls can now also be signaled using the notification system Growl (http://www.growl.info).
· The new integrated demo license allows potential buyers to test drive direct before a purchase.
· Mac OS X 10.3 or later
· ilink TeamCall 18.104.22.168.