DKP Log Parser (DKPLP) is a tool designed to help administrate time-based and/or event-based DKP reward system.
Version: 1.4.1cDKP Log Parser (DKPLP) is a tool designed to help administrate time-based and/or event-based DKP reward system in conjunction with EQDKP (or any other DKP software implementing a required interface). The project is configurable to be compatible with any game that produces any kind of log. There are currently predefined pattern sets for EverQuest, EverQuest2 and World of Warcraft (with CT RaidTracker). If you are playing another game then you can either write new patterns for it yourself, or ask the the forum (be sure to include a sample log though).
Operating System: Linux
DKP Log Parser's goal is to reduce the administrative overhead of running complex DKP reward system, by parsing the logs, calculating the DKP per person and sending the results (the loot, raids, participants and DKP) directly to EQDKP (or other DKP software). It's widely configurable, allowing it to be used by the many variations of zero-sum and time-based DKP around.
Overview of how DKP Log Parser is used
DKP Log Parser is a software program run on a user's desktop (Windows or Unix). It reads in the contents of a game log once a raid has been completed, parses all the information and displays the data for administrators to edit. Once happy with the information, the administrator uploads the data from their PC to the DKP Log Parser plugin on an EQDKP webserver (or any other server implementing the required DKPLP interface), where it can be viewed by all members of the DKP system.
Here are some key features of "DKP Log Parser":
· Inbuilt support for Everquest, Everquest II, World of Warcraft's CT RaidTracker plugin, and Ventrilo.
· Extensible enough to be able to handle most logs.
· Time based dkp:
· Accrue DKP by minute, by interval, by event or by a combination of these.
· Zero-sum DKP can be enabled (by minute or by interval) or disabled.
· Tag certain intervals as being more or less important by using weightings to adjust the DKP.
· Data export:
· Upload data to for example EQDKP, select from a number of different data representations.
· Export to plain text
· Export to BB forum markup
· Export to wiki markup
· Export to XML
· Member list and alt character list synchronises with server, making it easy to share setups with other users.
· Optional autocompletion database to remember item names and values between sessions.
· Preprocessors available to perform other operations on the log file. The sky's the limit!
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
What's New in This Release:
· This release updates the predefined patterns to match a minor change in the format of logs produced by EverQuest 2.