dotConnect for Oracle is an enhanced ORM enabled data provider for Oracle that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing Oracle-based database applications.
Version: 9.6dotConnect for Oracle is an enhanced data provider built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies.
License: Free To Try $149.95
Operating System: Windows
With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LinqConnect, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
- Flexible Connectivity. dotConnect for Oracle can connect both through OCI and directly over TCP/IP. Applications written with dotConnect for Oracle do not require installation of Oracle Client software.
- Database Application Development Extensions. dotConnect for Oracle has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers, toolset for live data binding, and much more.
- Oracle Advanced Features Support. dotConnect for Oracle allows developers to harness full capabilities of the Oracle server. dotConnect for Oracle supports such Oracle-specific features as Advanced Queuing, Alerts, Pipes, Direct Path Loading, Change notifications, REF cursors, objects, packages, and others.
- dotConnect for Oracle offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer with support for Model-First and Database-First design approaches and flexible T4 template-based code generation for the model. dotConnect for Oracle supports Entity Framework v1 - v6.1 and Entity Framework Core (Entity Framework 7), NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle) - Devart's own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL.
- Workflow Foundation Support. Provides support for Oracle Workflow Instance Store and Workflow Tracking.
- BIS Support. dotConnect for Oracle supports Reporting and Analytics services and offers Source and Destination Data Flow components for Integration Services
- Support for ASP.NET Identity 1 and 2
- Sync Framework Support
Version 9.6: *Entity Framework Core 2.1 is supported *Query type support is added *Lazy loading for Entity Framework Core 2.1 is supported *Properties now have the Constructor Parameter property *The 'Include Environment Variables' and 'Json File Base Path' properties are added
Version 9.5: - .NET Standard 2.0 is supported - .NET Core 2.0 is supported - .NET Standard 2.0 compatible assemblies are added to the Devart.Data and Devart.Data.Oracle NuGet packages - Distributed transactions are supported - The OracleDataAdapter and OracleCommandBuilder are implemented
Version 9.4: - .NET Core is supported - The NuGet packages with .NET Standard 1.3 (.NET Core) compliant assemblies are uploaded to www.nuget.org - The Default Fetch Size connection string parameter, which specifies the number of rows that will be transferred across the network at a time, is added
Version 9.3: -Visual Studio 2017 is supported -Entity Framework Core 1.1.1 is supported
Version 9.2: *Entity Framework Core database-first support *JSON functionality support in Entity Framework *Oracle Advanced Security support in the Direct mode *The 'Do not install assemblies in the GAC' check box that allows disabling placing the provider assemblies to the GAC is added to the Install Wizard
Version 9.1: Entity Framework Core Support OracleLoader Improvements Performance Counters, Transaction Guard, HA (High Availability) Events support Microsoft SQL Server 2016 is supported in SSIS DataFlow components Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools Business Intelligence (SSDT-BI) project templates in VS2015
Version 8.5: - Visual Studio 2015 is supported
Version 8.4: * Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 1 and Release 2 are supported * ADO.NET implementation of ASP.NET Identity 2.0 support is improved
Version 6.30: * New Entity Framework 4.1 features Code First(fluent mapping) and DbContext API were supported with new DbContext template with fluent mapping generation. * Template system was significantly improved. * Many Entity Framework provider configuration options were added, for example Batch Updates.
Version 6.10: Entity Developer: * Added possibility to split model into several diagrams for better handling of large models * Supported automatic generation of sequences and triggers for Autoincrement properties Entity Framework * Improved performance for Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 1 integration