DotFiles - toggle the Finder's display of all hidden files
Version: 1.2If you are UNIX savvy, no doubt you find yourself accessing hidden folders and files. DotFiles allows you to quickly and easily toggle the Finder's display of all hidden files.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Implemented as a Service, it is always available in the Finder's Services menu as "Finder Toggle Show All Files" or by hitting Cmd+Shift+2 while browsing a Finder window.
Here are some key features of "DotFiles":
· DotFiles is compatible with Mac OS 10.3 and better.
· New in 1.2 is the ability to "Toggle Desktop" which hides all the icons from your Desktop.
· To install the software use the provided installer. The installer puts DotFiles.service in /Library/Services (you'll need an Administrator password). If you want to install it elsewhere, you can put it in ~/Library/Services ('~' means your home folder).
· To get it working you will have to log out after installation.
· To uninstall, simply drag DotFiles.service from /Library/Services or ~/Library/Services to the trash.
· How does it work? It simply toggles a preference setting on the Finder and restarts the Finder.
· If for some reason the Finder doesn't restart automatically, simply click its icon on the Dock.