DHex is a software tool that is made to demonstrate the chemical design calculations of Double pipe (hairpin) Heat Exchangers.The software will do all the thermal calculations involved in the design and will generate a summary of all results..etc
License: Free To Try $75.00
Operating System: Windows
- S.I & English (U.S) Units of measurement.+Unit converter includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion
- Ability to import properties to Hot / Cold sides from Microsoft Excel. +Export Results to Microsoft Excel Engineering Datasheet -Calculations- +Calculate unknown temperatures or flow rate
- Perform thermal analysis for bare tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.+Perform thermal analysis for finned tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.+Choose from Counter Current or Co-Current Flow arrangement
- Choose from Series arrangement or Series-Parallel arrangement.+Auto allocate Hot / Cold fluids within the heat exchanger (Inner Pipe or Outer Pipe).+Select from different correlations to calculate Cold / Hot side heat transfer coefficient.
Also the ability to adjust Nusselt number if you do have a different correlation.+ Add your own Nusselt number correlation
- Calculate the Area, Flow area, Length, Log Mean Temperature Difference, Number of Hairpins, Unknown Flow rate.+Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor), Equivalent Diameter.+Calculate Pipe / Annulus side Reynolds, Nusselt numbers & Prandtl Numbers.+Duty, Clean and Design Overall heat transfer coefficient calculations +Pipe / Annulus velocities and Mass velocity calculations
- Number of Transfer Units & Thermal Capacity ratio calculation.+Clean and Fouled Fin Efficiency calculations for finned tube heat exchanger.+Pressure drop calculations & Entrance and Exit losses.-Databases +Physical properties estimation of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity.
The database also included & come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.+Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY) +User database functions to allow user to add / delete fluids and load to hot / cold side (Empty database!) +Fouling factors
Version 126.96.36.199: interface update, migrate source code to Microsoft.net framework 4.6, added new correlations, added units converter
Version 188.8.131.52: Added export to Microsoft Excel 97/2003 Engineering datasheet, now you can choose to export to either Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 or older excel versions, Corrected a bug in the loading module causes the software not
Version 2.0: Enhanced interface, added physical properties database, fouling database and fixed few bugs