Dreamchess is a XBoard-compatible 3D chess interface and engine.
Version: 0.2.0Dreamchess is a XBoard-compatible 3D chess interface and engine.
Operating System: Linux
DreamChess is an open source chess game. Our primary target platforms are Linux, Windows, Dreamcast and BeOS. DreamChess features 3D OpenGL graphics and provides various chess board sets, ranging from classic wooden to flat figurines.
A moderately strong chess engine is included: Dreamer. However, should this engine be too weak for you, then you can use any other XBoard-compatible chess engine, including the popular Crafty and GNU Chess.
Other features include on-screen move lists using SAN notation, undo functionality, and savegames in PGN format. In future releases we plan to add support for time controls, audio, network play, more visual effects such as reflections and shadows, and 3D animated pieces.
What's New in This Release:
· The main new feature is sound support.
· Some songs are available for download in a music pack.
· Graphically, the game has been improved significantly.
· This was made possible by the decision to drop the Dreamcast port.
· The old 3D models have been replaced by new models with a lot more detail.
· Other improvements include reflections, hardware lighting, new textures, and a new sketch theme.