Dyne:bolic GNU/Linux is a live bootable cd.
Version: 1.4.1Dyne:bolic GNU/Linux is a live bootable cd, containing a whole operating system that works straight from boot, without the need to install or change anything on the hard disk.
Operating System: Linux
If you like and want to have it on harddisk you can simply copy the /dyne directory on your computer: the simpliest installation ever!
Dyne:bolic is user-friendly: recognizes your hardware devices (sound, video, firewire, and USB), and offers a VAST range of free software applications for multimedia production, audio and video manipulation, sound composition and synthesis, 3D modeling, photography, peer2peer filesharing, web browsing, desktop publishing, word processing, cd burning, email, encryption, remote conferencing, funky games, a world atlas navigator and even more.
Advanced features include: a complete environment with the most advanced multimedia applications available on GNU/Linux, automatic clustering joining the CPU power between any other dyne:bolic on the local network, capability to work well on old PC (Pentium1 64Mb) and even XBOX game consoles, support to save and encrypt personal data and settings on a usb key. Dyne:bolic is shaped on the needs of media activists and artists to promote free speech as a tool for the production and not only the fruition of digital and analog
There is no company nor organization behind dyne:bolic, it is a grassroot effort to spread free software and the spirit of sharing information and knowledge.
What's New in This Release:
· OpenMosix automatical startup and discovery
· Mozilla suite 1.7.5 (Firefox and Thunderbird dropped)
· Mail encrypted with Sylpheed 1.0.3, GpgME and Enigma
· Virtual keybord for alternative access devices
· Nest now remembers xBox PAL/NTSC switch
· Wider PC laptop hardware support
· Blender-2.36, Ardour-0.9-beta28, Gimp-2.0.6, Xine-1.0
· Fix to Rezound linkage to libFOX 1.2
· Various fixes and documentation updates
· Shiny new splash screen in gtk2
· In case you have a DOCK (/dyne directory copied in your harddisk) you should upgrade it by using the one in this release. Booting the CD just answer YES when you'll be prompted to UPGRADE..