East-Tec DiskSanitizer for Linux completely eliminates data from the entire disk on a Linux environment.
Version: 2.1Don't give away sensitive information, valuable corporate trade secrets, business plans, personal files and letters, or traces of Internet or newsgroup activity with the old computers that you or your company resells, donates, reassigns to different departments or removes from operation.
License: Free To Try $9.95
Operating System: Linux
Deleting all the files, formatting the hard disk or using the FDISK utility is not enough to stop people that will have access to the computer in the future to restore information using basic recovery programs.
East-Tec DiskSanitizer however removes all traces of data and software from the computer hard disk, by overwriting and destroying beyond recovery every sector and every bit of information.
Data is removed according with U.S. Department of Defense standards or custom user security levels. East-Tec DiskSanitizer can be operated from a floppy disk to sanitize any drive from the computer, regardless of the file system or the operating system.
After selecting the drives to sanitize and the security level, the product is ready to perform its job.
Powerful verification capabilities and full user control during the sanitizing process can provide the utmost assurance that all data has been completely removed beyond recovery. At the end of the sanitize process the product can generate a proof of correct data disposal by printing a sanitizing report or by saving it for permanent records
Here are some key features of "east tec disk sanitizer":
· The data on drives formatted with East-Tec Sanitizer 2005 is destroyed beyond recovery using advanced wiping techniques that can stop both software and hardware tools from recovering any data.
· Meets and exceeds the U.S. Department of Defense standards for the permanent erasure of digital information.
· Works with both IDE/ATA and SCSI disk drives
· The ability to sanitize any floppy or hard disks connected to the computer, or any independent partition from a hard drive without affecting other partitions, regardless of the file system and the operating system that resides on each drive (works with FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Unix, etc.).
· Powerful verification capabilities that give the user the utmost assurance that all data has been completely removed from disk.
· Very fast wiping speeds by using direct memory access (DMA/UDMA mode) for IDE/ATA drives (where support for this mode is available)
· The ability of wiping data on several machines simultaneously by installing Sanitizer on bootable floppy, CD or DVD disks.
· The ability to maintain detailed logs of all sanitizing operations, that can be printed and saved for permanent records.
· Overall progress, average speed and estimated time indicators are available.
· Mouse support.
· Powerful command-line parameter options that allow advanced users to run the program from the command prompt, with no user interface (if desired) and create different wiping scenarios.
· Sanitizing BIOS Free feature that allows users to address the full hard disk capacity even if, on some old machines, BIOS does not support large hard drives.
· The ability to develop and use your own data-destroying algorithms, that perfectly suits your security needs.
· The ability to generate random data streams using ISAAC Pseudo-Random Number Generating algorithm.