EasySok project is a sokoban game for KDE.
Version: 0.3.5EasySok project is a sokoban game for KDE3.
Operating System: Linux
In sokoban you are a warehouse keeper which has to push gems on their goals. The problem is, that the keeper can only push one gem and there are walls which stand in his way.
Sokoban was originally invented in 1982 by Hiroyuki Imabayashi at the Japanese company Thinking Rabbit, Inc. Sokoban has a (relatively) small, but very active group of fans around the world, which permanently create new levels and sokoban programs, so it's unlikely that you'll run out of new material.
If you don't use KDE3, just look at the link section, to find programs which are supported on your favorite platform (there are versions for Windows, Mac, PalmPilot, DOS and several Java programs, so you should find a program which you can use).
Here are some key features of "EasySok":
· Playable with mouse or keyboard (or both).
· Automatically saves the last attempt for each map and all solutions.
· The best solutions for each level can be send to a highscore server and compared with the solutions of other users. The solutions are compared by the minimum number of pushes, the minimum number of linear pushes, the minimum number of gem changes and the minimum number of moves.
· A retro mode. In this mode you play the game backwards, starting from the end position. This allows you to quickly determine, in which order you have to push the gems on the goals.
· Saving and loading of games, level collections and solutions.
· A map editor, which lets you create your own maps and collections. It has also very limited support for auto generation of maps.
· Export a map as an image.
· Export a game either as an MNG-animation.
· An easy way to find duplicate maps.
· Annotation of solutions.
· Bookmarks for fast switching between games. You can also import your old KSokoban bookmarks.
· Unlimited undo/redo.
· You can let your moves be played.
· You can optimize your solutions for the number of moves or pushes made. This can also be done automatically for you.
· A basic solver (it's not really clear, if this is a feature or a misfeature).
· You can change the look of the game by themes (currently the number of themes is really quite small).
· You can let the game honor dead fields (which are fields, where no gem should ever be positioned, because it cannot be moved to a goal from there). Depending on the theme, this dead fields are also marked. You have to try it, to really appreciate it!
· You can also let the programm show you all valid gem pushes.
· It's highly configurable.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed configuration of toolbar.
· Made toolbar hidable.
· Updated admin dir to kde3.3 version.