Eicq is an ICQ client written in Emacs Lisp.
Version: 0.8Eicq is an ICQ client written in Emacs Lisp.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
It runs in SXEmacs & XEmacs.
Eicq will not run in GNU/Emacs and we have no immediate plans for porting. We're all (S)XEmacs geeks here.
Here are some key features of "Eicq":
· Eicq is written entirely in elisp
· Eicq uses version 8 of the ICQ protocol.
· Send/receive messages
· Send/receive URL type messagse
· Receive authorisation request messages
· Query ICQ users' meta info
· Search for ICQ users
· Dynamically add new users to your contact list
· Play sounds for different events.
· Auto online after a auto away/na.
· Auto response away/na/dnd/occ messages.
· Different auto response messages if Eicq has idled away/na
· Auto reconnect if you are kicked off ICQ.
· Gnus style smileys
· Gnus style text emphasis (underline, bold, italic, etc)
· "Clickable" hyperlinks for URL's, email addresses, and Unix manual page titles
· mICQ style per contact history logs
· ERC/Riece style modeline activity indicator
· Works in both a GUI environment and on a console/TTY
· A dockable frame that tracks the number of unread messages.
· Interactive customisation through XEmacs Custom widgets.
· Key binding, "scripting" in elisp.
· Allow other users/contacts to psycho-analyse themselves
· Display X-Face/Colour Face header images in buddy buffer.
· An "oops" function
· Customisable semi-automation
Eicq cannot yet transfer files, chat, or anything that needs a direct peer to peer connection. This isn't a limitation of Eicq, but rather a limitation of (S)XEmacs. It requires server sockets and (S)XEmacs does not (yet) support this.
What's New in This Release:
· Eliza meets Eicq. Your contacts can psycho-analyze themselves. All they have to do is send you a message with ",,doctor" in it. You can then sit back and discover just how crazy your friends are. As far as we are aware, Eicq is the only ICQ client that has this feature.
· Activity Indicator for XWEM.
· Support Russian language right out of the box.
· A new "oops" function. For those times when you send a message to the wrong person. Invoke eicq-oops and the message gets sent to the correct person and an explantion/apology goes to the incorrect person.
· Display X-Face and/or Colour Face header images in the buddy buffer.
· Optionally use gutter tabs instead of the status buffer.