EmiFreq applet is an daemon that shows/control the CPU frequency and temperature thanks to the cpufreq sysfs kernel interface.
Version: 0.18EmiFreq applet is an daemon that shows/control the CPU frequency and temperature thanks to the cpufreq sysfs kernel interface.
Operating System: Linux
The emifreqd daemon enables the applet to change the cpu speed. The GUI is very clean, intuitive fast access to frequency change (with HIG help). Modelled over the Wireless applet.
Nicely support vertical panels (change the look depending on the orientation).
· CpuFreq support in the kernel (+sysfs to change the speed)
What's New in This Release:
· feature: added support for the on-demand governor
· polish: used more sane wording for the tooltip, such as "powersaving profile"
· polish: workaround for the latest Centrinos reporting 4/5 times the same frequency available
· polish: put the fixed frequencies in a submenu if the total number of entries is 5+
· fixed: the frequency reported using scaling_setspeed instead of scaling_curfreq even without the userspace governor being set
· i18n: added a Dutch translation (thanks to Filip Van Raemdonck)