Enveria IDE for Rapid Application Development is an intuitive platform for programming robust GUI (graphical user interface) sof
Version: 0.3Enveria IDE for Rapid Application Development is an intuitive platform for programming robust GUI (graphical user interface) software.
Operating System: Linux
We have launched the Enveria RAD IDE as an open source application (https://sourceforge.net/projects/enveria). Previously, the Enveria IDE was utilized as an internal development tool at Kaizen Denki Inc. -- a Toronto-based software and web development house.
Enveria is free to use for non-commercial purposes under the GPL. Users who wish to use Envria in a commercial capacity should visit the Kaizen Denki home page at http://www.kaizendenki.com.
- An interface that maintains an look and feel that is intuitive for those familiar with IDE software, while user friendly enough for those who are not.
- Backed up by the power of the ubiquitous C programming language. We have chosen C because it is fast, stable, powerful, portable and has a long history of use in computing. An additional bonus for us was that the API for GTK+ (the widget set we use) uses C natively.
- Our use of GTK+ allows Enveria to tap into a well-supported widget set that is available for all major desktop operating systems. On its own, GTK+ is easy to use but with Enveria it is even easier. While Enveria RAD IDE can be an interface builder for GTK+/C programs (like Glade), its power is its capabilities as a complete development tool.
- Enveria can produce code without compiling for those who wish to enhance their applications manually prior to building. Enveria programs are optimized for Make/GCC, which is a widely used combination for C development on many platforms.
Programming languages, libraries, databases, and frameworks used to develop Enveria include:
* GTK+ 2
Currently Linux is the main supported platform for Enveria RAD IDE.
At the same time, we are in the process of evaluating other target operating systems including: Mac OS X, Minix 3, BSD and others.
· GTK+ version 2.10.x
· MySQL (mandatory on Linux)
What's New in This Release:
· his is the first release of the GPL version of the Enveria RAD IDE. We have included a Linux version and a Windows version. The former is more stable than the later. Both versions require, at bare minimum, GTK+ 2 and SQLite. The Linux version is also dependent on MySQL, while the Windows versions is not. The Windows version should compile under MySYS/MingW, though you might have some frustrations with GTK issues. However, although you will be able to use the program, once it comes time to save you will find that it crashes. We will resolve this problem shortly. You likely will find that you cannot build applications on Windows with Enveria just yet. We hope to resolve this problem shortly too. To build on Linux requires all the usual tools, such as GCC and Make.