ExtraWebcam software allows the utilization of Canon PowerShot and EOS cameras as webcams for video conferencing, remote monitoring, and video recording on Windows. The software works with any standard video capture source for flexibility.
Getting started with ExtraWebcam is easy. All you need to do is connect your camera via USB, switch it on, select ExtraWebcam video source, and the software will automatically search for your connected camera and take control of it. ExtraWebcam has a tray icon utility that enables you to manage your camera. You'll see the live viewfinder window, which allows you to control various camera settings like white balance, aperture, zoom, shooting mode, ISO, and more.
ExtraWebcam also enables automatic interval time-lapse shooting and video recording, and you can save anything you record as MJPEG AVI files. You can see a complete list of cameras that ExtraWebcam supports below.
Supported camera models:
- Canon EOS 1000D / 1100D / 450D / 500D / 550D / 600D / 40D / 50D / 60D / 7D / 5DM2 / 1DM4
- Canon EOS Rebel XS / XSi / T1i / T2i / T3 / T3i
- Canon PowerShot A60 / A70 / A75 / A80 / A85 / A95 / A300 / A310 / A400 / A510 / A520 / A620 / A640
- Canon PowerShot G2 / G3 / G5 / G6 / G7 / G9 / G10
- Canon PowerShot Pro1
- Canon PowerShot S1 IS / S2 IS / S3 IS / S5 IS
- Canon PowerShot S30 / S40 / S45 / S50 / S60 / S70 / S80 / S400 / S410 / S500
- Canon PowerShot SD100 / SD110
- Canon PowerShot SX100 IS / SX110 IS
- Canon IXY 200a / 300a / 320
- Canon IXY PS S200 / PS S330 / PS S230
- Canon IXY IXUS v2 / IXUS 330 / IXUS v3
- Canon IXY DIGITAL 400 / 500
- Canon DIGITAL IXUS 400 / 430 / 500 / II / IIs
In conclusion, ExtraWebcam is a reliable and efficient software that allows you to turn your Canon PowerShot and EOS cameras into webcams for different tasks. So if you need a solution that lets you use your camera for video conferencing, remote area monitoring, and other webcam tasks, this software is definitely worth checking out.
Version 126.96.36.199: EOS cameras support, new WDM driver
Version 188.8.131.52: EOS cameras support, new WDM driver
Version 1.0: New release