A Vim plugin that works as an extension to ctags for 4GL/4Js language to create tags.
Version: 1.7fgl is a Vim plugin that works as an extension to ctags for 4GL/4Js language to create tags.
Operating System: Linux
The attached files are the extension to ctags program to recognize 4GL/4Js programs.
When 'fgl.c' file in fgl.zip is compiled with exuberant ctags source, ctags(executable) will generate tags for vim/vi.
I compiled exuberant ctags source in AIX without any problem. Only trouble I faced was that source codes in ctags-5.4 tar file had DOS line breaks and had to translate them to UNIX line breaks using dos2unix utility.
1. Download Exuberant ctags source and decompress into a directory
2. Unzip fgl.zip file to the same directory.
3. You should convert DOS line breaks to UNIX line breaks if necessary
4. Type './configure' in the directory
5. Type 'make' to compile source codes
6. Copy ctags(executable) to a directory whose execution path is recognized
7. Add the following line to .vimrc/.gvimrc to set tag option in vim/gvim
You may set the 'tag' option with multiple files along with their paths separated by a space.
8. Type 'ctags *.4gl' in your 4GL program directory, where a new tag file will be generated
9. Now you are ready to use tag command in vim/gvim/vi