FIBS is a light, solid and fast scheduler for Firebird and Interbase databases. It uses firebird/interbase command line tool "gbak.exe" to backup safetly and mirrors it to any other disc or computer for extra protection against backup-disc crash.
Version: 1.0.7FIBS is a lightweight, solid and fast scheduler so as to meet most backup-tasks-needs. It uses firebird/interbase command line tool gbak.exe to backup safetly and mirrors it to any other disc or computer for extra protection against backup-disc crash. FIBS can create GZip compatible compressed backup files if user want to save backup disc space.
Operating System: Windows
One of the noticable feature of FIBS is that it has multi-threaded architecture. Every backup process (including zipping) is executed in a separate thread. That is, there is no serialisation of backup process including compressing. Although this means that high grade concurrency is given to users to make them free to set lots of backup tasks just the same time, the main advantages resulted multi-threaded architecture is that backup tasks cannot be plugged by the others in trouble. Definitely this is a must-have for a reliable backup scheduling.
FIBS is designed to run on Win32 environment and to backup local databases, databases on mapped drives and network databases which are specified by UNC path.
- FIBS supports all Firebird and Interbase versions.
- FIBS can NOT run as a Windows Service.
- FIBS can backup local and network databases specified by UNC path.
- FIBS can create compressed backup for databases greater than 4GB in size.
- FIBS is designed to solve daily backup needs. So it uses daily rotated schedule.
- FIBS uses gbak.exe to backup databases. So itâ€™s safe and fast.
- FIBS can create compressed backups in GZip format for compact results.
- FIBS doesnâ€™t need any dll or anything else for compressing.
- FIBS supports two basic backup file preserving styles: It can preserve a defined number of backup files or it can preserve newer ones than a defined file age.
- FIBS produces separate logs for each task.
- FIBS appeares only in the primary monitor but not all monitors in multi-monitored systems.
- FIBS is solid, fast and smart enough to solve your personal or corporate needs.
Version 1.0.7: Tray icon disappearing problem (after refreshing desktop) is fixed.
Version 1.0.6: Compression problem is fixed. FIBS can create compressed files greater than 4GB in size.
Version 1.0.5: Fixed bugs related with database pathincludes space.
Version 1.0.3: Fixed bug that previous versions can not create backup file when FIBS installation directory name includes some chars e.g "space".
Version 1.0.2: A serious scheduling bug has been fixed.