Gridded icon view framework for Cocoa
Version: 20080813FileView is similar to IKImageBrowserView, but supports arbitrary drawing via icon subclasses.. A single-column view that scales icons to fit containers is also available.
Operating System: Mac OS X
The view scales to several thousand icons with no problem, and takes advantage of multiple processors/cores when possible. Memory usage for the framework should remain low.
FileView offers support for the following file and URL types:
· Skim PDFD
· Anything NSAttributedString can read
· http/ftp URLs and local HTML files using WebView
· QuickTime movies
· Anything ImageIO can read
· Quick Look thumbnails (on 10.5)
· Icon Services as a last resort
NOTE: FileView is licensed and distributed under the terms of the BSD License.