Flatback is a simple filesystem archiver.
Version: r1Flatback is a simple filesystem archiver. It was created to address limitations in afio, star, and dar.
Operating System: Linux
Notable features include checksumming, large file support, support for hardlinks, and support for device files.
Planned features include incremental backups, robust error handling, and extended file attributes.
Here are some key features of "Flatback":
· Largefile support
· Multivolume support
· Smart Per-File compression
· Per-File metadata checksumming (SHA1)
· Per-File data checksumming (SHA1) when data is present
· Format allows restoring of damaged archives even when compression is enabled
· Simple, space efficent, binary format
· Handles hardlinks the right way
· Restoring archives not implemented yet
· Incremental backups not implemented yet
· Aborts on recoverable errors (will fix later)
· Not extensively tested