High-performance XML Schema Documentation Generator with diagrams. Generates by any number of input XSD files a highly-navigable Javadoc-like HTML as well as single-file HTML / RTF. Diagrams generated by own diagramming engine look as those of XMLSpy.
Version: 2.9.1High-performance universal XML Schema Documentation Generator with diagrams.
License: Free To Try $249.00
Operating System: Windows
- Takes on input any number of W3C XML Schema (XSD) files and generates by them a multi-file Javadoc-like HTML documentation as well as single-file HTML and RTF
- Automatically loads and documents all referenced XML schemas. If some schema files are located differently as specified in the references, you can redirect to them using XML catalogs
- Ability to process and document together hundreds of XSD files with thousands of components. In case of framed HTML, you get a highly-navigable documentation that enables you to quickly find anything you need within such enormous heap of data!
- Diagrams look as those produced by XMLSpy, however, are generated by own diagramming engine and inserted directly in the documentation (both HTML/RTF). In case of HTML, diagrams are supplied with hyperlink maps
- Uses of XHTML tags in XML schema annotations to format descriptions (as well as insert images) in both HTML/RTF.
HOW IT WORKS:The XML Schema doc-generator itself (called 'XSDDoc') is implemented as a set of special templates, which are open for any customizations.
FlexDoc / XML is a software system for development and execution of high-quality doc / report generators from any data stored in XML files.
The actual doc-generators are programmed in the form of special templates using a graphic Template Designer that represents the templates visually in a form resembling the output they generate. Further, the templates are interpreted by the Template Processor that takes on input the XML files and produces by them the result documentation.
FlexDoc / XML is a pure Java application. So, it runs anywhere Java SE works (e.g. on Windows, Linux and macOS) and seamlessly integrates with Apache Ant / Maven.
The included Maven plugin allows running XSDDoc from Maven. This, in effect, makes it the world's only Maven plugin able to generate XML Schema documentation with diagrams!
Version 2.9.1: PLEASE SEE: http://www.flexdoc.xyz/downloads/preview/flexdoc-xml/CHANGES.html; http://www.flexdoc.xyz/downloads/preview/flexdoc-xml/templates/XSDDoc/CHANGES.html