Fluxspace blends Fluxbox’s window management with new desktop management capabilities
Version: 0.4.0 AlphaFluxspace blends Fluxbox's window management with new desktop management capabilities. The project leverages existing components and the power of Python to help build a flexible desktop environment around Fluxbox and other lightweight window managers.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Fluxspace":
· Add per-workspace desktop icons and panels to Fluxbox by integrating tools like Rox Filer and Idesk.
· Decorate each workspace with different wallpaper.
· Manage your startup applications.
· Automatically start and stop applets as you enter and leave workspaces, allowing each workspace to have its own unique tools and dockapps.
· Python (tested with version 2.2)
· Fluxbox or other Blackbox derivative. Note that only Fluxbox has been tested to any great extent.
· Rox Filer - if you want to use the optional "rox" module
· Idesk - if you want to use the optional "idesk" module
What's New in This Release:
· Better build
· Works with static python library
· Supports slit meters similar to gkrellm. The sample configuration enables a couple.
· Supports timed events, allowing clocks, etc.
· Please check the ChangeLog for a better list of enhancements.