FoldersSynchronizer Lite - Synchronize contents of files, folders, and disks
Version: 3.6.1FoldersSynchronizer is a nifty utility that synchronizes and backs-up files, folders and disks. The user can choose one or more pairs of files/folders/disks and then they will be synchronized/backed-up exactly.
License: Free To Try $20.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
The differences between the Regular and Lite verion is that the Lite version doesn't have: Timers, Multiple Lists, Filters, Excluding List, Conflicts, Automount Volumes, Send Log via Email, Sync & Quit, Sync & Shut Down, All Sessions).
Here are some key features of "FoldersSynchronizer Lite":
· FS can backup the whole MacOS X boot disk and make it bootable.
· FS can automount volumes.
· FS can exactly sync and exact backup the files/folders deleted or renamed (Exact Sync and Exact Backup features).
· FS can create, save and open "Sessions Files".
· FS allows creating, renaming, duplicating, deleting, editing of several Sessions in a single file.
· FS can assign to each session, source/destination folders, Settings, Timers, Multiple Folders, Filters, Exclude, Conflicts.
· FS can execute in a single task, one or all the Sessions defined in a file.
· FS can execute one or all the Sessions simultaneously at the time you specify in the timer list.
· FS can show the Timer Scheduling list.
· FS can execute Multiple synchronizations/backup (up to 32 pairs of folders) specified by a single Session.
· FS can Filter the documents to copy by FileName, Type, Creator, Creation Date, Modification Date and Kind (File or Folder).
· FS can Exclude from the sync or backup, the folders and files (with absolute path) you specify in the Excluding item list.
· FS can check and behave as you specify whether a Conflict occurred before replacing or deleting a recently updated file.
· FS can check whether both the files have been modified after the last Sync/Backup.
· FS can check, during a backup, whether the destination file has a most recent modification date.
· FS can run an user's AppleScript before and after executing each session (sync or backup).
· FS can copy invisible Files and Folders.
· FS can include/unlock the locked files, so it can delete/replace also the locked files, if necessary.
· FS can resolve Aliases and SYM links.
· FS can skip the empty folders.
· FS can copy the new files only and skip the most recently updated files.
· FS can stop or skip or ask for further instruction, if an error or a conflict occurs.
· FS can show the "Items to be copied" Preview List. Here, again, the user can select the items to be excluded (skip).
· FS can save/display short or detailed Log Files (always or only if an error occurred).
· FS can send the Log Text via Email to a custom email address (always or only if an error occurred).
· FS can work with root privileges, even if the user is not the root (if requested by the user, FS asks for the root's password at any launch).
· FS can use a "modification date delta seconds" value when calculating the most recent file.
· FS works properly on Unicode Strings, Long file names, Unix permissions, Multiple forks, Forks > 2GBytes, SYM links and GMT Date/Time.
· FS allows drag and drop of source and destination folders/files/disks and aliases.
· FS can work in background (multithreading).
· FS registered copies have no limits regarding the amount of files and folders or the total byte size.
· FS versions for MacOS Classic never needs extra memory for large amount of files too.
· FS has been tested successfully MacOS X from 10.1.2, to 10.4 (Tiger).
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a bug when copying files larger than 2GB to remote AFP disks. Now FS doesn't say longer that the destination disk has not enough free space, when there is enough free space indeed. Please note that when replacing existing files, FS firstly copies the source file to the destination folder using a temporary file name. If the copy goes well, FS deletes the old destination file, then renames the new just copied file to the right file name. This requires more free space on the destination disk, but it's safe.