A free, open source, "on-the-fly" transparent disk encryption program. With this software, you can create one or more "virtual memory cards" on your PDA - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored
Version: 5.21FreeOTFE4PDA is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) transparent disk encryption program.
Operating System: Windows
Using this software, you can create one or more "virtual memory cards" on your PDA - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored.
- Source code freely available
- Easy to use; full wizard included for creating new volumes
- Powerful: Supports numerous hash/encryption algorithms, and provides a greater level of flexibility than a number of other (including commercial!) OTFE systems
- Hash algorithms include: MD5, SHA512,
- Tiger and many more
- Cyphers include AES (256 bit), Twofish (256 bit), Blowfish (448 bit), Serpent (256 bit) and many more "
- Hidden" volumes may be concealed within other FreeOTFE volumes, providing "plausible deniability"
- Encrypted volumes have no "signature" to allow them to be identified as such
- Modular design allowing 3rd party drivers to be created, incorporating new hash/cypher algorithms
- Supports password salting (up to 512 bits), reducing the risks presented by dictionary attacks.
- Keyfile support included; store volumes and their associated metadata separately.
- Uses per
- sector IVs, including support for ESSIV
- Volume file timestamps and attributes are reset after dismounting, increasing "plausible deniability"
- Plus more...!
A PC version is also available, allowing data encrypted on your PC to be read / written on your PDA, and vice versa
Version 5.21: Added Russian translation
Version 5.20: Improved user interface to better support language translations and improvements to password handling when used under Windows Mobile 6.5, Greek and Croation language translations.
Version 5.10: Added Czech and Japanese translations. Corrected fault caused by MS packaging tool.
Version 3.76: Added option to enable/disable hash/cypher drivers from the user interface. Changed drivers enabled by default. Added functionality to allow user to easily enable/disable drivers. Driver code refactored to allow common code to be shared between FreeOTFE and FreeOTFE Explorer. Drivers moved into "DLL
Version 3.05: Resolved issue that causing "Mount failed; the virtual storage device could not be activated at this time" error on some PDAs when mounting. Updated documentation.