Funpidgin is a fork of the popular open source client Pidgin which allows instant messaging with over 20 different protocols.
Version: 2.4.1Funpidgin is a fork of the popular open source client Pidgin which allows instant messaging with over 20 different protocols.
Operating System: Linux
What makes us different from the official client, is that we work for you. Unlike the Pidgin developers, we believe the user should have the final say in what goes into the program.
So far five new features have been added to Funpidgin upon requests from users, and all of them are optional. It is these options that make the use of Funpidgin enjoyable to a diverse range of people.
Feel free to try out the software and get involved! Tell us what you like and what you'd improve - we're happy to hear from you! If you can think of a feature you would like us to add, tell us what it is! You don't need to give a detailed reason - fulfilling our goal of improving the user experience is the only reason we need
Here are some key features of "Funpidgin":
· Every feature Pidgin has... plus:
· "Entry area manual sizing" a plugin by Artemy Kapitula that allows manual resizing of the entry area.
· An option to set the size of the buddy icons displayed in the chat window.
· An option to let the window manager place new windows.
· Two different ways of seeing that your buddies are typing.
· An optional send button for Tablet PC users.
What's New in This Release:
· We fixed some bugs, this release should be 110% better than 2.4.0
· Well, I didn't really do much this release except muck about with the configure script. Blame me if it worked in 2.4.0 but doesn't now.
· We seem to be falling into a nice pattern of releasing on the last day of a month. Hypothetical AIX users might be pleased to learn that Pidgin might actually run for them now!