G*Power - Covers statistical power analyses for many different statistical tests
Version:G*Power is a major extension of, and improvement over, G*Power 2. It covers statistical power analyses for many different statistical tests of the F test, t test, X2-test and z test families and some exact tests.
Operating System: Mac OS X
G*Power 3 provides improved effect size calculators and graphic options. It supports both a distribution-based and a design-based input mode.
G*Power is a nery usetul program that offers five different types of power analyses:
· A priori (sample size N is computed as a function of power level 1-?, significance level ?, and the to-be-detected population effect size)
· Compromise (both ? and 1-? are computed as functions of effect size, N, and an error probability ratio q = ?/?)
· Criterion (? and the associated decision criterion are computed as a function of 1-?, the effect size, and N)
· Post-hoc (1-? is computed as a function of ?, the population effect size, and N)
· Sensitivity (population effect size is computed as a function of ?, 1-?, and N)