GAINT is a plugin for Gaim that enables file sharing capabilities similar to mIRC's fserve.
Version: 1.5.1GAINT is a plugin for Gaim that enables file sharing capabilities similar to mIRC's fserve. If your ISP is as obnoxious as ours and refusing to open/forward a couple of ports for FTP/SSH so that you can transfer/recevive files from your work, then you need GAINT. If many ISPs block incoming P2P and other connections, however of them allow IM file transfer. You can take advantage of this situation (for now) and use Gaim with GAINT plugin to partially emulate FTP/Telnet.
Operating System: Linux
1. Download Gaim source if you haven't already done so.
2. Place the file gaint.c and other *.c and *.h files (if any) in the plugins sub-directory
3. Type `make gaint.so' and `make gaint.lo' in the plugins sub-directory
4. Copy the resulting two files (gaint.so and gaint.lo) to the Gaim plugins directory (usually `/usr/lib/gaim' or `/usr/local/lib/gaim').
5. Restart Gaim and go to Preferences dialog.