PHex is an easy to use tool which demonstrates the thermal calculations of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
Version: 184.108.40.206PHex is an easy to use tool which demonstrates the thermal calculations of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers, The plate dimensions and materials can be entered, this includes the size of plate heat exchanger and chevron angle.
License: Free To Try $89.99
Operating System: Windows
List of main features: 1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement 2. Unit converter containing 23 measurements with 200-unit conversion.
3. Full version includes manufacturers plate database containing over 230 plates.
4. Import physical properties data to hot side & cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (included with full version) 5.
Export Results to Engineering Data sheet, pdf or excel format 6.
Temperature and Flow rate estimation in the event of insufficient data. including the ability to estimate any 2 Unknown temperatures providing that the Heat load and flow rates are specified as input.
7. Select from a list of 12 Nusselt number correlations 8. Heat load required (clean or fouled) calculations.
9. Ability to specify a required heat load 10. Total effective area & surface area calculation.
11. No. of plates calculations.
12. Overall Coefficient (clean / dirty) calculations.
13. Pressure drop Channel / Port / Total for Hot side and cold side Calculations.
14. Plate heat exchanger dimension calculations.
15. Velocity through ports, Mass velocity through channel / ports calculations.
16. Heat transfer coefficient calculations 17.
Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database comes as separate software but easily integrated with the software. (included with full version purchase) 18. Create your own database of Plates and Components. You can add your fluid physical properties and load the data to your project.
19. Add your own Nusselt number correlations 20. Fouling factors (included with full version) 21. Overall heat transfer coefficients 22. Material Thermal Conductivities read more at webbusterz...
Version 220.127.116.11: + Added 12 Nusselt number correlations. + Add your own Nusselt number correlation + Added the ability to define Nusselt number + Added manufacturers plate database containing over 230 plates + Added Units converter containing 23 measurements with 200-unit conversion + bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168: + Added the ability to define exchanger Heat load + Added the ability to calculate any two unknown temperatures providing that the heat load and flow rates are defined + Added the ability to set either US/English + Generate Engineering data sheet within the software, no need for third party products
Version 22.214.171.124: Generate Engineering data sheet within the software, no need for third party products
Version 126.96.36.199: Corrected a bug that causes the some measurement units in SI units to be displayed incorrectly Added more fields to plates user database Added the ability to change between channel spacing & compressed plate pack length as inputs Some Minor changes to the interface Corrected installation error