gdvrecv is a set of tools for FreeBSD to receives audio and video data from a digital camcorder.
Version: 1.2gdvrecv is a set of tools for FreeBSD to receives audio and video data from a digital camcorder via an IEEE 1394 (widely known as FireWire) link and stores them into an DV file.
Operating System: Linux
This software package is composed by :
· firewire, a Python module for the FreeBSD firewire sub system
· dvrecv, a command line tool to receive a DV stream
· gdvrecv, a Gtk tool to receive a DV stream
· Basicaly, gdvrecv does the same thing as the fwcontrol -R command, but is more user-friendly.
· You can use Kino (FreeBSD port: multimedia/kino) for editing the DV files recorded with gdvrecv.
· Note : gdvrecv is written for FreeBSD 5.3 or better. Other operating systems or FreeBSD versions are not supported (but you're welcome to send me patch for other operating systems).