Gephex is a modular video jockey software.
Version: 0.4.4Gephex project is a modular video jockey software. The base visuals can be chosen from sources like video files or cameras.
Operating System: Linux
Then they can be modified by filters and mixers. Each modifier has several parameters, that can be controlled by signal-generators, input devices like joysticks, sound cards, or midi-devices.
Gephex runs on GNU/Linux, Win32, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD. The effect engine is independent from the user interface, which can be de- and attached at runtime. All effects and media streams are extendible by plugins. Gephex is written in C++.
Here are some key features of "Gephex":
· free (GPL) and cross-platform (GNU/Linux, Win32, experimental Mac OS X support)
· graphical user interface (written in [WWW] QT)
· easily extensible with plugins
· client server architecture
· support for video files (ffmpeg, libavifile, video for windows, directshow)
· ports of most [WWW] EffecTV effects
· vloopback support (input and output)
· webcam and tv card support (v4l and directshow)
· midi/joystick input support
· audio support (capturing from soundcard, simple beat detection, simple mixing, audio synthesis, audio output)
· frei0r plugin support
What's New in This Release:
· improved GUI (using Qt 4.x)
· improved Mac OS X support
· new midi modules
· frei0r 1.1 support