Gerry's Attraction - 3D animation of Lorenz & Rossler attractors
Version: 3.6It moves! It zooms! It rotates! It does real-time 3D!
Operating System: Mac OS X
Gerry's Attraction is a program for viewing the Lorenz Attractor and Rssler Attractor in 3D.
Most programs which display these attractors usually give a static 2D view of these 3D objects which makes it very difficult to see what they truely look like and how they behave. Gerry's Attractor allows you to watch points become "attracted" to the attractors over time.
Gerry's Attraction allows you to "fly" around and through either attractor with total freedom viewing it from any vantage point (Similar to how you move around in the game Descent). And you can even see what it's like to follow the path of one of the points using the "Guided By Point" Camera Mode.
What's New in This Release:
· Prompts you for where you want to save the movie when you start recording a movie
· Support for long filenames when saving pictures and movies.
· More Mac OS X Friendly
· Did some more optimising, so the FPS should be a bit higher.
· More friendly to other processes. This means that the displayed FPS won't be at its highest value unless you set the speed to "Fastest".
· Fixed bug while resizing the window under Mac OS X.
· Fixed a visual bug which caused it to not redraw the window contents completely sometimes.
· Keyboard Movements and Auto-Pilot are smoother on faster computers.
· Mac OS 9 with CarbonLib 1.6 Installed.