GetCodecs is a simple applet written in python with a GTK2 GUI.
Version: 1.0.1GetCodecs is a simple applet written in python with a GTK2 GUI that downloads, installs, and configures your system to use the various multimedia formats (MP3, DivX, DVD, etc) that are not shipped with many distributions (such as RedHat).
Operating System: Linux
Misc Audio/Video Support:
The following codecs are provided by the "Misc Codecs" package. All codecs are copyright their respective owners. The author takes no responsibility in how you use them. You must agree to each of the license agreements before installing or using these codecs.
- Indeo Video 3.2/4.1/5.0/4.1 quick/5.0 (http://www.ligos.com/indeo)
- DivX ;-) video, ver. 3.11 alpha (http://divx.ctw.cc)
- DivX ;-) DirectShow decompression filter, v3.11 alpha (http://divx.ctw.cc)
- Microsoft MPEG-4 video, beta version 22.214.171.12400
- Microsoft WMV 7 (http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/wmvds32.cab)
- Cinepak video
- Microsoft ADPCM video
- Intel 263 video (http://members.aol.com/SlavTrainr/STsPage.html)
- Morgan Multimedia Motion JPEG video v2.0 (http://www.morgan-multimedia.com)
- ATI VCR-2 video (http://www.ati.com)
- DivX ;-) WMA audio (http://divx.ctw.cc)
- Intel Music (http://members.aol.com/SlavTrainr/STsPage.html)
- Voxware Metasound audio (http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/voxmsdec.cab)
- ACELP.Net DirectShow audio