Gettysburg - Regimental level wargame
Version: 1.0Gettysburg is a regimental level wargame of all three days of the battle between the Union and Confederacy on July 1-3, 1863
License: Free To Try $34.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
Game scale: Squares represent 100 yards, units are regiments.
The Confederate Army of Northern Virginia under Robert E. Lee has invaded the north! His army is about 70,000 men strong with 280 cannons.
General Meade and the Union Army of the Potomac have moved to meet Lee. This army is over 93,000 men strong with 360 cannons.
The last major battle between these two foes was at Chancellorsville where the Union army was driven back but not broken. The South has to do something they are loosing the war in the west and Lee hopes that this invasion will cause Lincoln to draw troops to Washington relieving pressure in the west. The South also hopes that with a victory they will be able to get foreign intervention on behalf of the Confederacy.
Advanced units of both armies have engaged around the small town of Gettysburg Pennsylvania. It is now about 2:00 PM and the Confederates have the upper hand. The only problem for the Confederates is that they have no idea how many Union troops are in the area. Jeb Stuart and the Confederate cavalry are off on a raid and have not reported back with key information about the location of the Union forces.
Here are some key features of "Gettysburg":
· Regimental level conflict, command hundreds of unit!
· Great new graphics, see hedge rows, streams, chateaux, and smoke clouds hang over the battlefield.
· All the commanders down to the Division level are present.
· Command your units as groups. You can move hundreds of units with a click of the mouse.
· Capture enemies flags. Increase the pride of your troops when they carry back enemy flags from a melee.
· Move units in formation by simply clicking where you want them to move to.
· Multiple units per square.
· Play either side and even switch sides in the middle of a battle.
· The units are fully editable. Add or remove any unit from any battle. Change the characteristics of any unit.
· Elegant, effortless interface. Lots of new interface features to help you understand your army and how to win.
· Rich historical content.
· Outstanding sound, hear the charge, cannons roar, and cavalry pound past your position.
· CD-ROM Drive
· 10MB Hard Drive
· 18MB Memory
· Screen Requirements: Color, 12" minimum
· CPU: 68030 or better, PPC.