Gkrellfah2(gfah) is a local monitor and interface for the Linux Folding@Home client packaged as a plugin for GkrellM.
Version: 1.2.3Gkrellfah2 is a local monitor and interface for the Linux Folding@Home client packaged as a plugin for GkrellM.
Operating System: Linux
Also available is a client/server version for monitoring remote machines using GkrellMD. gfah collects status information on active work units for display and records info on completed work units in a local log file.
It has the ability to actively control how much cpu time the F@H client actually uses, thereby reducing overall cpu utilization and possibly cpu temperature. The desktop version user interface includes a ControlPanel for ease of use.
Here are some key features of "GKrellFah2":
· Displays summary status on a one line text panel, with other gkrellm monitors. See left figure.
· Supports a maximum of 8 monitors and each monitor has a ControlPanel popup via mouse button 1: See bottom figure.
· Displays active work unit status via mouse tooltip: See right or center figure.
· Desktop and Client versions feature Configuration Tabs inside Gkrellm's Configuration window. See Screenshots
· Folding at home Team Statistics, Completed Workunit logs, CPU Utilization Control, and technical support.
· Includes a Gkrellm desktop plugin, client plugin, and server plugin; all in one RPM package.
What's New in This Release:
· Updated get_wu_runtime() to compute points-per-hour < Rate > based on new and available data.
· Original formula was off by 80% based on cpu speed and type.