GLQuakeWorld - Multi-player, OpenGL enhanced Quake game
Version: 1.1b3GLQuakeWorld is a multi-player version of Quake, with OpenGL enhanced graphics.
Operating System: Mac OS X
What's New in This Release:
· gl_singlepasssky 1 renders skies in one pass on supported hardware (multitexture)
· (GLQuakeWorld) properly reloads model textures on OSX when switching video modes that require a disconnect
· re-implimented "force_centerview" command (somehow got lost in the Mac builds)
· default m_filter setting is now 0.2 (NOTE: m_filter 0.1 is essentially the same as turning on mouse smoothing in other games)
· changed default palette gamma to 0.8 for more consistent look when compared to software renderer (use -gamma 0.7 in the commandline for the old GLQuake look, or try 0.9 or 1.0 if it still looks washed-out)
· Check for ".txt" or ".text" extensions for drag & drop commandline files (ASCII files created on OSX will now work)
· Support for the "Only Mortal" MacOSX server browser (v2.0 and later) http://homepage.mac.com/only_mortal/ Big thanks to Mike & Billy!
· You can now run a game with commandline parameters via AppleScript (based on requirements for Only Mortal)
· glClearColor is neutral grey, rather than red.
· Full version of Quake.
· MacOS 8.6 or higher or MacOSX 10.1 or higher
· OpenGL 1.2 or higher, CarbonLib 1.2.5 or higher, DrawSprocket & InputSprocket 1.7.x are also required when playing in MacOS8.6-9.x
· 36 MB RAM (48 recommended) + 128 MB Virtual Memory
· A video card that supports OpenGL with at least 4MB of VRAM. A Rage 128, Voodoo3 or higher are strongly recommended.